Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Bain - New Evidence

David Bain - New Evidence

wow, who saw 3rd degree tonight?

very interesting, Judith Collins wont be sleeping well tonight, she will be having nightmares about writing the cheque.....................

http://nzpca.co.nz/close-up-look/david-bain/

If any thing Collins should be writing her resignation

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    How about this opinion of the Press writer?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opi...not-convincing

Isn't this type of things need to be avoided in the Justice System?

Who should be blamed for prolonging this case?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/opi...-jurys-verdict

OPINION: Journalists remain impartial at a trial, but, inevitably, after hearing all the evidence and being paid to concentrate, you reach a view.

After sitting through almost every minute of the David Bain retrial,

I personally haven't wasted a moment reading anything van Beynen has written since I read the above. His opinion amounts to exactly nothing because by his own admission he sat "through almost every minute" of the trial.

His brother is a cop and has obviously been brain washed as a result. These people are not worth wasting a minute of your time on.

Unfortunately, I tend to believe the prosecution's case partly because David Bain did not testify at the trial. If he is innocent as he claims, why didn't he testify at the trial? It seems that he has something to hide by not exposing to cross-examination. Maybe, we have a faulty trial system that needs to be fixed. A trial should be a place to find the truth, not a place for the trial game to be played by expensive lawyers and judges.
    David was under no obligation to testify and even if he did what more could he have said other than that he was not home at the time of the killings. It was up to the crown to produce evidence that clearly showed David did commit the acts. The crown failed miserably with the evidence that they had to use that was produced by the police team. I wonder what people expect of David Bain or any one else in the same situation. In his case he would have had to say yes you are right I was home at the time when I he has claimed from the outset he wasn't. How would giving evidence change anything?

It is interesting that the facts that are being turned over and over are facts presented by the Crown and police not David Bain.

The only reason this case has become so complex and convoluted is because of the false and fabricated evidence used in an attempt to convict david Bain.

Remember David Bain has said from the outset he was not at home at the time of the killings.

Melanie White, of the Justice For Robin Bain Facebook group, confirmed the group had lodged a complaint against the programme 3rd Degree, which screened last Wednesday.

http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/2...p-takes-action

What can we learn from this prolonged case?

After all, taxpayers are paying most of the costs.

Is this a show trial where discovering the truth is not part of the process?
    I am also wondering why TV3 would waste their time considering a complaint from these people. They like me have no qualifications only an opinion as to David Bains guilt or innocence.

It is way past time these people used a little common sense.

Take one of the group a Mr L Kennard I pointed out to him quite some time ago that the police investigation was flawed and flawed because police did not even attempt to gather GSR from either David or Robin. My argument was that had they done so and both David and Robin were clean then David was the killer.

Kennards position was that a hand gun exhausts more GSR than a rifle and therefore none would be found on either anyway.

If you watched the TV3 3rd Degree program and watched as they fired the actual gun used by Robin there was so much smoke and GSR the sun almost went out.

These people associated with that particular group have firstly decided David is guilty then thrown their common sense out the window if they had any in the first place.

Why on earth should we change the system to accommodate people like that?

David Bain chose not to testify at the trial. This is the strategy that his lawyers used. I am not sure for this very public trial whether the act of not-testifying is something that needs to be safeguarded in a criminal trial. It seems that there are other safeguards to protect the right of the innocent. Criminal procedures are there to protect the innocent. I am not sure whether the procedure did the miscarriage of justice in this case.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

You started off asking

Isn't this type of things need to be avoided in the Justice System?

Who should be blamed for prolonging this case?

In my opinion the 'type of things need to be avoided' is giving any credence to any thing the likes of van Beynen have to say regarding any part of the Bain trial. By his own admission he did not sit through the entire trial.

Who should be blamed for prolonging this case? The police for the entirely corrupt investigation of the case.

Well, the police must not submit false and fabricated evidences, I agree.
    I also think that the police need to collect and preserve evidences more professionally.
    Sloppy work does not impress the jury, even though judges may collaborate.
    I suppose, there are many lessons to be learned.
    And that sloppy work has confused a small number of individuals and of all the people to be badly influenced by that sloppy work a member of parliament should not be one of them. Sadly that is the case.

Blog Entries
    I agree, if the Police had done their job properly in the first place the crime would have been solved, but instead the house was torched and a basic test for gunpowder residue was not carried out.
    "Acting is all about honesty...if you can fake that, you've got it made" - George Burns

There are in reality far larger smoking guns in the case which were totally ignored
    A fingerprint was found on the keyboard not from the Bain family..never determined
    9 fingerprints were found smudged on the rifle but 1 print was identifiable but not from the Bain family..never determined
    Dna was found on the rifle not from the Bain family..never determined
    Dna was found on Robins trackpants not from the Bain family..never determined

To me these factors expand the possibility of a third person involved
    and are far more damning evidence
    than the current expose

Quote Originally Posted by Tearoha View Post
    There are in reality far larger smoking guns in the case which were totally ignored
    A fingerprint was found on the keyboard not from the Bain family..never determined
    9 fingerprints were found smudged on the rifle but 1 print was identifiable but not from the Bain family..never determined
    Dna was found on the rifle not from the Bain family..never determined
    Dna was found on Robins trackpants not from the Bain family..never determined

To me these factors expand the possibility of a third person involved
    and are far more damning evidence
    than the current expose
    Why did the police deliberately bungle this enquirery?

Could that third person be the police themselves. Much has been made by police of the time it took David to phone for help. 20minutes.

Could the police have been covering their own crime scene in the three hours it took them to allow forensics on to the property.

Voda if we rely on the Bain case to learn from then we have quite some cleaning out to do don't you think?