Thread: Vehicle Rejection Advice - Consumer Guarantees Act 1993

Question Vehicle Rejection Advice - Consumer Guarantees Act 1993

Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum, so hopefully I get a response!

I called a vehicle trader yesterday, informing him that I was rejecting a purchased vehicle, and wanted a refund.
    He refused to do so, so as required under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, I typed up and sent the below email.

I also sent a number of files, some of which I have attached here.
    I was unable to attach the WoF sheet or copy of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, so I have linked the
    Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
    Failed Warrant of Fitness Checksheet

I just want to know if there is any grounds on which he could void my right to rejection?
    Thanks in advance!

Rejection email1.jpg
    Rejection email2.jpg
    Rejection email3.jpg
    Rejection email4.jpg
    Rejection email5.jpg

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Have you contacted the Ministry of Consumer Affairs?

http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/
    I have read through the information they have on the Got a problem with a motor vehicle page, but I have not contacted them directly.
    I did contact the Motor Vehicle Disputes Tribunal, and the Disputes Tribunal, but they don't offer legal advice, and just direct me to relevant documentation.

What do you think I should be asking them?

Blog Entries
    Hi there & welcome to the forum, I've asked a friendly car dealer to have a look at the paperwork, will get back to you in a few days

Hi there, new member here requesting a little help. Sorry to drag this up but I am about to go down the same path and was wondering how you got on and if you have any advise to give.

Essentially it sounds like the dealer has objected to my rejection letter so will probably end in disputes tribunal. I can provide some info on the background of the case if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance.