Thread: Bad Cops

Angry Bad Cops

can police alter ur statement after uv signed it? stupid me, i was asked to give a statement to police 2 weeks after our home burned down, desperate to talk to somebody because nobody had contacted us about it i went in. all of a sudden all the questions were all pointed at my partner so i nievly answered them. never been in this situation before..(in heinsite i should have never been open to speaking to them, but have never been in a situation like this and to be hinest the cop acted like he was my friend). i was shocked they were thinking this way. He used my statement to fund his questions to investigate him, bank, phone company etc....case goes to trial, we get all their evidance in a folder...in there i find my statement one signed by me, another duplicate with added bits on the end by the charging officer pretending to be me which suggested i thought he had done it!, this one had my signature cut off. how can he do this?? surely there is a clause which says this is falsifing documents?. this all happend in the last year, the trial was as bad as a bad story that didnt reflect our real life, lawyer didnt defend. no evidence was given on our behalf, no witnesses called, all our lawyers advise which was funded by legal aid, partner served time, is out now, have been appealing the whole time, on to our 2nd laywer who got an appeal date which took a year, who now wants to abandon it becuase of a fire expert who we hired to review our case dissapears with no response after drafting a 20 page report! appeal date is or was in 12 days...FRUSTRATED!! i spent the first few months of my partners incarceration complying documents which undoes everthing proscercution ever said because there story was just that...not factual,..why is our thruth no good in the court of law?? yet the crown can specuulate a story with no factural evidence to back it up? im going out of my mind, we are a young family with 3 children who just want to put things right so we can move on.

sorry about the bad spelling...its 5am and ive had no sleep from stress! grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by screwedbythelaw View Post
    can police alter ur statement after uv signed it? stupid me, i was asked to give a statement to police 2 weeks after our home burned down, desperate to talk to somebody because nobody had contacted us about it i went in. all of a sudden all the questions were all pointed at my partner so i nievly answered them. never been in this situation before..(in heinsite i should have never been open to speaking to them, but have never been in a situation like this and to be hinest the cop acted like he was my friend). i was shocked they were thinking this way. He used my statement to fund his questions to investigate him, bank, phone company etc....case goes to trial, we get all their evidance in a folder...in there i find my statement one signed by me, another duplicate with added bits on the end by the charging officer pretending to be me which suggested i thought he had done it!, this one had my signature cut off. how can he do this?? surely there is a clause which says this is falsifing documents?. this all happend in the last year, the trial was as bad as a bad story that didnt reflect our real life, lawyer didnt defend. no evidence was given on our behalf, no witnesses called, all our lawyers advise which was funded by legal aid, partner served time, is out now, have been appealing the whole time, on to our 2nd laywer who got an appeal date which took a year, who now wants to abandon it becuase of a fire expert who we hired to review our case dissapears with no response after drafting a 20 page report! appeal date is or was in 12 days...FRUSTRATED!! i spent the first few months of my partners incarceration complying documents which undoes everthing proscercution ever said because there story was just that...not factual,..why is our thruth no good in the court of law?? yet the crown can specuulate a story with no factural evidence to back it up? im going out of my mind, we are a young family with 3 children who just want to put things right so we can move on.
    This is a little bit late for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Once you have spoken to them without legal advice or at least support your are at the mercy of the criminal interviewing you. Sadly.