Thread: Please join our group and show your support

Please join our group and show your support

New Zealand Police Corruption Association, has started a group on this site
    please join this group and show your support.

The NZPCA is calling for:

1. A Royal Commission of inquiry into Police Corruption in New Zealand

2. A truly "Independent" Authority set up to "Independently Investigate Police Complaints

3. New Zealand Police to be drug and alcohol tested.

This only relates to on duty Officers.......... We are not suggesting that Officers shouldn't be ale to drink after a shift.

Alcohol:
    If a Police Officer is on duty or has been drinking prior to the officers shift- yes there is something wrong with it.
    As we are told, alcohol changes your state, I.E
    1. Over confidence, which is dangerous to an officer and a member of the public
    2. slower reactions, which is dangerous to both the Officer and the public
    3. bad judgement calls
    4. Over reactions
    Most members of the public would not be allowed to work after drinking and we do not have such powers that the police have.
    If an Officer has not been drinking prior to or during his shift, why would there be a problem with breath testing the officer.
    I do not believe this is evasive at all.

Drugs:

Even if an Officer only engages in smoking marijuana when he is off duty - this is an illegal substance and gives evidence that the
    Officer in question does not take his Oath seriously and believes he is above the laws he is paid to up hold.

An Officer breaking the law, shouldn't be an Officer.....

then of course there are the same issues as above but the fact is, Drugs are illegal!!!!

Blog Entries
    good lord....... some people that drive allot for a job, truck drivers ect, get drug tested and breath tested prior to work
    and they don't drive Police cars, have access to guns and Tasers, breath test others, nor are they the first at crime scenes
    or interviewing witnesses.

By not drug and alcohol testing them, Police are naively saying - Members of the NZ Police are not human..... they don't have the same issues,
    members of the public do, they don't break the law - so lets just trust them!

Its not good enough! if they aren't doing anything wrong they wont mind being drug and alcohol tested.

If work told me tomorrow I was going to be drug tested, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.......
    Last edited by Shannon; 31-01-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: error