Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Right to justice. In reality its a myth

Frank
    Thank you for the tip, interesting, I'm going to send my petition to the daily mail to advise them it happens in the antipodes

During one of my performance management meetings I was asked what I considered to be a suitable punishment for my supposed misdemeanours

I replied that seen as one of the site managers was caught with one of the team leader's in flagrante delicto shall we say in the small office on the sixth floor I think a verbal warning will suffice don't you didn’t you
    needless to say that didnt go down in the meeting notes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...workforce.html

I note with interest the above article.
    We in the antipodes are equally robust with similar management styles and sexual appetites.
    With swingers sex happening in work time on work premises.
    The incident I refer to happened in the Telecom call centre, based in Hamilton New Zealand; the lady in question was a site manager; one of three tasked with overseeing approximately 120 call centre representatives the man in question a team leader looking after one of the weekend teams Both married but not to each other,caught in flagrante delicto they unaware at the time of an audience ;such was the joyous nature of their sexual congress.
    The male team leader involved in this tryst ; used the his mobile phone to take a photo of the firmly established connection between them ( if you get my drift) and sportingly showed evidence of his score to the two other team leaders.
    Absolutely nothing was done about this incident

I at the time was undergoing a performance review, and when asked what I considered would be a appropriate punishment for my supposed misdemeanours I replied "that as one of the site managers was caught with one of the team leader in flagrante delicto in the small office on the sixth floor I think a verbal warning will suffice don't you "

This response was not mentioned in the meeting notes signed off as true and correct, by those management in attendance, but can be verified that it did happen by contacting those present at the meeting shaun.hoult@telecom.co.nz, Peter Cooper-Davies (Peter.cooper-davies@epmu.org.nz) my union rep, iian.galloway@telecom.co.nz Telecom HR representative and note taker. Perhaps you may contact the ceo for comment

They remained employed; I after 39 years service was exited, based on a complaint letter, that never existed, a clear case of fraud.

Currently I am fighting back to the highest levels of government..a summary of the action can be found on

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/right-to-justice

more detailed information is on my blog

http://hwyop.blogspot.co.nz

please feel free to publish.....

Yes
    I am sincerely hoping the daily news will ring the CEO for comment,
    After the afore mentioned meeting I found myself presented with a final writing warning which lead to a mediation and a constructive dismissal I was not overly concerned as I had survived numerous restructures as the drove the numbers down form25000 staff to approximately 8000
    However after my resignation via the privacy act I sourced all my documents to find two weeks after I resigned my file had been stamped “do not re-employ”

Nearly four decades of loyal service for what

This is the same company that when the share price faltered under CEO Paul Reynolds the solution was to sack 250 middle managers who had loyalty served approximately 20 years of their life for the company to achieve these positions

If you have access to any contacts that would be interested or dismayed to learn what happens in the underbelly of corporate life feel completely free to disseminate the petition
    http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/right-to-justice and alert the media exposure is one of the few effective weapons I have left

in Alan Gibbes latest book he gloat about the killing he made on the market , it was a killing all right a number who where made redundant took their life life in despair

Silverfox, no-one from the media is going to call the CEO of Telecom on this. There is no story here.
    Let me see if I have this right?
    At your annual performance review at age 58, Telecom advised you that your performance was falling? Yes?
    And within a short period you resigned after 39 years with Telecom, the last few years with the call centre? Yes?
    And after you resigned you claimed for constructive dismissal? Yes?
    And your grievance was heard by the Employment Tribunal who politely told you that Telecome did nothing wrong in accepting your resignation? Yes?

Paul, what are you hoping to achieve? Money? Reinstatement? Principle? Please help me with an answer to this in less than 10 words.

Thanks for your 'thinking' Yoda, but you assume there was abuse. My research indicates otherwise. Can you point to the abuse, or is it just Yoda assumption? Is 'your thinking' merely that Telecom is assumed to be wrong, and that Silverfox is assumed to be correct?
    I was hoping to get a reply from the subject of this thread first. He is online as I write this.

Thanks, as is my usual debating practice, I'll await informed comment from the person concerned.

response from reading all that is available

I disagree with Bill of Rights

Silverfox, no-one from the media is going to call the CEO of Telecom on this. There is no story here.

There is a story in reading all that Silverfox has made available via personal blog etc

in my assessment
    Let me see if I have this right?...no you do not appear to have it correct

At your annual performance review ......no was not a performance review but called in to a meeting regarding a written complaint from an intellectual handicap girl....written complaint did not exist
    Telecom advised you that your performance was falling? ....Telecom retrospectively looked back over 4 months work and critque it with a view that all had to be 100% right 100% of the time....(ironic really when they commenced everything with a fraudulent accussation )

And within a short period you resigned after 39 years with Telecom, the last few years with the call centre? .....No after 8 months of micomanagement and endless critiques and pressure...with health failing, marriage failing and nil finances yes he resigned.

And after you resigned you claimed for constructive dismissal? Yes....correct based on the non production of the writtten letter complaint when requested via the privacy act provisions and the finial acknowledgement by Telecoms lawyer that it had never existed.

And your grievance was heard by the Employment Tribunal who politely told you that Telecome did nothing wrong in accepting your resignation? Yes?....No ....no hearing by the Employment tribunal addressed the fraud
    A coerced resignation by what ever means is a constructive dismissal,

read what is available

What I note from the blog..hwyop,,,is the number of times that Telecom managers are caught in a lie...but they ignore any protest or request around this , and proceed with "the process" it smacks of a predetermined outcome

bill of rights "hold them accountable for the fraud restore my good name"

reasoning: once they are held accountable everything else will flow from there,

swampfox: you have it right almost in, same meeting referred to in above posts re-sexual escapades i lost my temper i had had enough after consultation with national manager health and safety for telecom Bryan Abraham
    i informed those telecom employees in the meeting namely Shaun Hoult and iian Golloway in front of my union support person peter cooper -davis that they were in breach of the 2002 health and safety act
    i asked them to join the dots ,as they had previously twice admitted to micro-managing,me, so i said micromanagement is work place bullying .work place bullying is a stressor .stress in the work place is a hazard
    i then informed them that they as individuals, not telecom where up for a $500.0000.00 and up to three years in jail iain galloway commented are you threatening us?

i replied: no i am just advising you where you stand ,as told to me by the national manager health safety for telecom Bryan Abraham

shortly after this i left the room went to my computer and emailed the information referred to to each participants in box,s , i returned to meeting and informed them of same
    at this point thought i had them i was extremely angry remember this is at the conclusion of eights months of crap

so we where at an impasse i offered them a way out ,i offered to shake hands and forget about it as long as my personal files where purged of all this crap
    they advised me to take the rest of the day off

With in the next 24 hours i was given a final written warning advised of same by union rep, did not return to work exited from company via constructive dismissal

yoda : yes i should have had a lawyer i was relying on my union supporter for assistance at this point we should have held telecom to account , the union has lawyers

forty years of employment forty years of paying union fees you can imagine my disappointment when details emerged sourced under the privacy act that my union rep was having without prejudice conversations with the National Manager Bridgette Dalzell

EFFECTIVELY I WAS BEING PLAYED BY ALL , BETRAYED BY ALL
    i

Silverfox.....correct me if I am wrong..
    Telecom commence proceeding with a fraud....document that doesn't exist
    Telecom are caught in lies during the proceedings
    Telecom are in breach of the Health and Safety act
    Telecom now aware through your advice that they are laible for finaincial penalties for breach
    Individual managers are now aware that under the act ,they are also personally liable for financial fines under same act
    Union is discussing with Telecom without informing you.
    Telecom managers are aware of swingers whom are managers themselves having sex on work premises in work time.
    Did they give you verbal warnings as per the process prior to finial written warning or just flick you off.
    It appears that a strategic decision was quickly made to isolate you..to avoid the above mentioned consequences....(if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....its a duck)
    It appears that Telecom managers are both arrogant and lazy....lazy in that either they are unaware of the processes and laws applicable or / and arrogant that they consider themselves above both...and arrogant in that no one in goverment agencies charged with protecting individuals rights in these circumstances will have the courage and resolve to fight them...
    It appears that this arogance has been substantiated.
    A policeman friend of mine advised....laws are there only for those that respect them, if you do not respect them they don't mean crap...and if there is no consequence for their breach then its carte blanche.....and actually its anarchy this time dressed in a suit
    When anarchy becomes law, resistance becomes mandatory