Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police telling lies / ~ Ross Meurant's commentary:

Patrick O'Brien

Last edited by Patrick O'Brien; 11-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Who's going to prosecute a cop for perjury?
    Another cop?
    These things don't 'just happen'.

I don't understand your comments.
    What is a problem of constitutional significance?
    And what is it that should happen even in New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    .. "justice must be done, and the police must tell truth .. "
    You, like nearly all New Zealanders are missing the essential ingredient in your comment. And until all New Zealanders "get" what is missing and constantly refer to what is missing, nothing will change.

So cops lied, and cops shouldn't have lied. There is no point in saying what everyone already knows, that cops lied and that cops shouldn't lie.

We all know that cops lie. What would you like done about it, and who should do it? Because there is no such thing as the proverbial "They" (as in "they should do something about it").

It will not happen by itself (as I said at #3 above). We can talk about it all day, all year, and all century, and nothing will happen. So then .. ..

Who would you like to do something about it? What would you lke to be done? And who do you think will actually do something about it?

Yoda, you just don't get it do you. Sadly you are typical of several million New Zealanders who equally don't get it.

Name names. Who among the 4.5 million New Zealanders is going to prosecute this policeman for lying in court? Are you going to? Is the cop's police partner going to? Is his police sergeant going to? Until you can fill in this blank, your words are just empty rants. This is a life-changing moment for you. Stop saying "They should .. .."

Saying "they should .. .. " changes precisely nothing, and the next cop sees that lying in court has no consequences, so it happens over and over, and becomes normal. Clearly you don't like it. What are you doing about it, other than saying "they (whoever they is) should .. .."?

It's really easy to say "police shouldn't lie in court". It just trips off the tongue so easily, and just saying it feels good. But saying it changes nothing, Yoda, and another policeman will lie in court today -- guaranteed. When it does happen, apart from talk, what are you going to do about it? And what is the next person going to do about it? And the next person. And so on. Essentially it happens because New Zealanders don't give a shit about it, except to type a few characters on their keyboards about it to vent their spleens.

And when you vote "THEM" out, do you think "they" have any idea of what you didn't like to vote so? And do you think if you vote "THEM" out, the next lot will immediately see to it that each of our 8.000 cops instantly tells the truth in every court?

Your venting is pointless and achieves absolutely nothing. Until you somehow get "THEM" to do something, nothing changes just because you typed a few words on your keyboard in this echo chamber.

Start by never using the words "THEY SHOULD" in your rants. Start by telling us who you think "they" are, and what specifically the identified "THEY" can do to actually see to it that things change.

You could start by joining a political party. Any party doesn't matter which, you'll soon get the idea of what I'm talking about by actual experience.

And in case you think I'm talking through my hat, I can give you many examples of my achieving real change by action, real action.

You are probably too young to remember the broadcasting fee. Well I detested it. But I didn't say "They should get rid of it". I acted. I proposed and created real change. And I personally played a massive role in what eventually ended its history. I am massively proud of it. Because of action, not just rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    .. I talked with Ministers, MPs, Ombudsmen, Law Professors, Judges, Lawyers, the media, about some of the problems in New Zealand. I am very much isolated and marginalised, and I feel that I have done enough for this country.
    Yoda, now this bit is really very interesting. Now you're talking. This bit really triggers my interest.
    Can you give me an example of which Minister you most recently talked to? And when? And what was the outcome?
    This bit sounds really good. Maybe we are getting somewhere.