Thread: Judges - Changing their finding (decision transcript) months after releasing it!

Blog Entries

Judges - Changing their finding (decision transcript) months after releasing it!

I did not know this could be done!

I appealed a conviction and sentence this year, the Judge reserved his decision.

When his decision was made, I was notified that it went in my favour and my conviction was over turned. I asked for a copy of the Judges findings. I was given it. I was then posted a copy out.

Last week I received the same letter I had already received months earlier, advising me my conviction had been over overturned, along with the Judges transcript. I didn't even bother reading it and wondered why I was sent it again.

I was then meeting with my lawyer last week, who asked if I had seen the Judges NEW notes.

I then realised what had happened.

I was never advised of this and the letter sent to me did not even draw to my attention to the fact that changes had been made.

I cant believe this is even allowed! My case was months ago!

I am not allowed to read the transcript of what I blurted out in court and then have it all changed to suit me............How the hell can a Judge change documents/findings/comments - months later?

Every week the Justice system surprises me!

Shannon' is that uniform you are photographedn in a real police one, or is it a fake one like mine?

Blog Entries
    lol ....... its a real uniform!

If you look at "Police & enforcement agencies" forum, theres a post called "Police uniform Saga disclosed"
    that pretty much explains it.

Wow, do you know how hard it is to find a man with a dress up, Police uniform.......lol

Sounds like the standard of sentencing indications that are being dished out by our judiciary in the district courts....folks make sure you are well informed and well aware of your rights before accepting one of these from a NZ judge.

Court of appeal is very expensive and no awards against those that got it wrong are forthcoming.